WALNUT RIDGE APARTMENTS
It is Walnut Ridge Apartments', policy to offer equal housing for all people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, or any other state or locally protected classifications.
Applicants for apartment homes will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, and are subject to the availability of the particular apartment type requested.
"Available" apartments include those for which we have notice that an existing resident intends to vacate on or about a certain date.
Circumstances not necessarily under management’s control may delay the date of availability of an apartment which management may believe would be ready for a new resident.
Whether a particular apartment is available can vary significantly within several hours or days.
To be considered for approval, all adults must fully complete a rental application.
Any omissions, errors, or falsifications may result in denial of an application or terminate the right to occupy the apartment.
All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Roommates must apply and qualify separately.
People with a joint credit record may complete one application or apply for credit separately.
All applications are subject to approval through a computerized scored review from an outside application agency.
Approval/Denial is based on a review of the following criteria:
- Income relative to rent and debt is factored into a computer scoring system.
- Payment of full lease term by certified funds may be used to waive Income/Employment standards.
- You must provide income history of no less than six (6) months.
- The household’s current income must be approximately three (3) times the monthly rent.
- All sources of income must be verifiable.
- Verification can include paycheck stubs, written documentation from income source, bank statement, statements for accounts, U.S. tax returns, etc.
- Attending school will be accepted as an alternative to being employed but applicant must still meet criteria with regards to income and credit.
- An additional deposit may be required if a prospective resident fails to meet Income / Employment standards or is a full-time college student (enrollment documentation must be provided).
- Positive current and/or previous rental history and/or proof of home ownership of at least six (6) months is required of all applicants.
- Any applicant showing a rental debt will be required to meet additional specifications.
- Applicants with an eviction will be denied.
- A complete credit history from a credit bureau is required.
- The overall evaluation of credit history is performed by a computer scoring system.
- An unsatisfactory credit report can disqualify an applicant, including one that reflects past or current bad debts, late payments, or unpaid bills, liens, judgments, or bankruptcies.
- Certain types of credit lines (such as previous apartment payments) will be considered more heavily than others.
- No credit history will be viewed as an increased risk.
- No record with the credit bureau is interpreted as bad history.
Criminal histories will be checked on all applicants over the age of 18 years. Persons with felony convictions or persons who receive deferred adjudication for felony charges dealing with violence, weapons, narcotics, theft over $500, or any form of a sexual misconduct and /or minors will be denied.
All occupants must meet the criminal history standards as set for in this document. The following occupancy standards will apply:
- 1BR: 2 persons
- 2BR: 4 persons
Newborn Policy: If you are pregnant or have a newborn child less than six (6) months at the time of move-in and your newborn child reached the age of twelve (12) (local or state laws exemption) months during the lease term, you may remain in the unit until your lease expires. Upon the expiration of your lease, you must do one of the following: Move into another available dwelling of the Owner that meets the above criteria; or give a written 60 day notice and vacate the premises.
Foreign nationals will be required to complete a Supplemental Rental Application for Non-US Citizens.
Foreign nationals living or working in the United States must provide either a valid Social Security Number or a valid passport with stamped identification of entry date into the United States.
Income will be verified with letter of intent, work visa, work petition or verification of funds in a United States Bank.
If income cannot be verified, the lease must be paid in full with United States funds.
If a Social Security Number is not provided and/or no credit history exists, an additional fee will be required.
An additional fee of $300 will be required with $150 non-refundable per pet. There is a maximum of 2 pet(s) per apartment with each pet no more than 25 lbs. No exotic pets are allowed. Additional monthly pet rent may be required. Breed restrictions in conjunction with NAA breed restriction list apply.
Please note that these are our current rental standards, and nothing in these requirements shall constitute or guarantee or representation by our community that all residents and occupants currently residing in our community have met these requirements.
There may be residents and occupants that have resided here prior to these requirements going into effect. Additionally, our ability to verify whether these requirements are met is limited to the information we received from various reporting services.
We make a reasonable effort to screen our residents and do not allow those with particular criminal history to reside on property.
Even with a reasonable effort to screen persons with criminal histories, it is still possible for a resident to move someone in with them, without our knowledge, or, our source for criminal checks may have incorrect, erroneous or incomplete information.
We request residents to report to the Rental Office any known persons with criminal histories, or persons involved in criminal activity, who reside on the property.
I understand and accept these qualifying standards and have truthfully answered all questions.
Further, I understand that falsification of rental application information will lead to denial of rental and the deposit retained as liquidated damages.
I give Walnut Ridge Apartments or its Agents permission to verify all information of the Application, including criminal history, residency, employment, and all other information.